Last Updated: 30-05-2012
- Introduction and General Terms
- What information will the Lowther Pavilion collect about me?
- How will the Lowther Pavilion use the information they collect about me?
- When will the Lowther Pavilion contact me?
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
- Will the Lowther Pavilion share my personal information with anyone else?
- Offensive or inappropriate content on the Lowther Pavilion website
- What if I am aged 16 or under?
- How long will the Lowther Pavilion keep my personal information?
- Can I find out what personal information the Lowther Pavilion holds about me?
- Cookies Policy
In order to protect against website attacks and intrusions we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information the Lowther Pavilion may collect about you;
- how the Lowther Pavilion will use information we collect about you;
- when the Lowther Pavilion may use your details to contact you;
- whether the Lowther Pavilion will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
- the use of 'cookies' on the Lowther Pavilion website.
This website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
The Lowther Pavilion will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that the Lowther Pavilion may contact you for reasons related to the service you have registered up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the website, including any content you provide.
The Lowther Pavilion may contact you:
- To contact you about particular contributions to the website which we bring to question;
The Lowther Pavilion will not contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. We will only use your information within the Lowther Pavilion.
If you submit offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to lowtherpavilion.co.uk, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on lowtherpavilion.co.uk, the Lowther Pavilion may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where the Lowther Pavilion reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have submitted may be defamatory), the Lowther Pavilion may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school, e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies in relation to the content and your conduct.
If you are aged 16 or under, please obtain permission from your parent/guardian beforehand prior to providing personal information to the Lowther Pavilion's website (of which you will only be asked to do for registration purposes). The Lowther Pavilion are not responsible for checking the permission for the disclosure of personal information by members under the age of 16.
We will retain any personal information for the period necessary for the administration of the relevant service. If you wish to remove yourself as a member of the Lowther Pavilion website personal information will be retained upon the system for upto one year for administration purposes. This information will not be used for any purpose other than that of administration.
Where you contribute to lowtherpavilion.co.uk the Lowther Pavilion will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
The Lowther Pavilion may record snapshots of the website which may include some User Generated Content i.e. content provided by users. Therefore, some content submitted to or shared with the Lowther Pavilion website may be retained for prolonged periods of time or potentially indefinitely in the Lowther Pavilion's Archive.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Lowther Pavilion holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow the Lowther Pavilion to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. If you have set your browser not to recieve cookies from the lowtherpavilion.co.uk website, you will not be able to use all the features provided, particularly the privatised section, as cookies are used to communicate information from your computer to the Lowther Pavilion to help use ensure site security. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
c. What cookies are set?
These cookies are part of Google Analytics, which we use to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website, and to highlight potential problems within the site structure.
Google Analytics stores IP address anonamously on its servers in the US, and neither we or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.